It’s inevitable that as we grow older, our range of mobility will become more limited. While this can curb your independence, it doesn’t have to when you invest in the ideal electric mobility scooter for you.
Whether you require a mobility scooter due to health reasons or for convenience, there is a range of electric mobility scooters available for seniors that can match your requirements and unburden you from the limitations of old age.
Range of Mobility
The most important factor in an electric handicap scooter is the range of mobility it provides to the user. Different features can make a considerable difference when it comes to your scooter’s mobility including:
- Turning Radius: The smallest circular turns the scooter can make determines the turning radius. Smaller turns allow for easier turns and control when it comes to moving around in small spaces
- Types of Terrain: Not all scooters are ideal for all-terrain types. If your scooter cannot be used on specific terrains, the mobility will be limited
- Type of Tire: Foam-filled, solid, or air-filled
- Maximum Drive Range: The length you can travel without requiring a battery recharge, can range from 10 miles to 50 miles
- Speed: From 2 mph to 20 mph, you can find a range of top speeds that different mobility scooters can go at.
Design and Weight Capacity
There are different types of electric scooters available today for the elderly, which include:
- Compact/Foldable Variants: If you’re constantly on the go, this type of scooter can be folded to fit into tight spaces and are lightweight to carry around most places. You can find automatically foldable options available too. Not suitable for daily use
- Heavy-duty Variants: For those who require a higher weight capacity on their mobility scooter, these models feature a larger motor, tires, and a wider base that is ideal for larger built individuals. It can also be used on most terrains including grass.
- Standard Variants (Indoor and Outdoor Models included): Larger than a Compact Scooter, it is ideal for traveling large distances, whether indoors or outdoors. They come in varying speeds and have comfortable seating. You can find different options for outdoors and indoors.
Depending on the design, type, and brand of electric scooter you decide to invest in, the price can vary. A disability scooter that is built to be more convenient for those who cannot use their legs at all or in a limited manner might be more expensive than a compact travel-friendly electric scooter.
Other factors like weight capacity, maneuverability, battery type, and much more can also have an impact on the final price of an electric scooter.
You can find additional enhancements to electric mobility scooters that can include storage compartments, headlight and blinker lights, anti-theft alarms, adjustable seats, and so on.
Not all additional features will be used by you, so consider a scooter that will be comfortable for your daily movement and has features that will aid in your use of the mobility scooter.
Remember to check the warranty for the product as well and choose a scooter that can provide you ease and convenience as you go about your daily life.
Find the Perfect Electric Mobility Scooter for Your Needs with Mobility Maxx
Mobility Maxx is the premier destination for all types of walking and mobility aids that serve to make your life easier. Find a variety of mobility devices for your everyday life at competitive prices and free national shipping. Find out more by giving a call at (888) 320-4911